Tuesday 26 March 2013

DIY backless bra

Hey
Do you have a Backless dress and don't know what bra to where with out it showing?? Here is a simple DIY project for you.


What you will need is a old bra, pins and needles, thread, scissors, and fabric. 


 Step one: Cut off the hook part of the bra. If you want you can just buy the hooks and sew them on.

 Step two: cut the fabric, it must be quite long (you can cut it shorter as you go along). I put the hook piece next to it to show me the width of it. My cutting  skills suck so it isn't very straight.

 Step three: I pinned it to a bra of mine to get the length you can see the longer piece hanging, I cut that off. If you want you can also fold it double but you will need to sew it with a machine then.



Step four: fold the cut piece of fabric over then pin on the hook part and sew it on. You can use the sewing machine it will make it look nicer and is faster but if you don't have one the hand works just as well. If you don't know how to sew click HERE  hope that sight helps you






When that's done this is how it should look




Step five: if it's a little loose feel free to make it tighter. I sewed mine like this, I marked how much I wanted to make it smaller and then folded it like in the pic and lastly I sewed it...



Before                   and                         After                                            


Red dress heart

Hope this helped you this is the first time I've done this and I only saw a pic of how it looked and figured the rest out on my own. Don't you just love my dress?? I bought it yesterday and can't wait to where it I need to go out haha..
 Let me know if you want to know something that I might of left out or what you think of the idea.
Also PLEASE follow me. pretty please with a cherry on top!! I'll be doing a easter nail tutorial some time this week so tune in again soon :)

That's that for today.

PEACE and LOVE

Anschke xx


No comments:

Post a Comment